Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to remember adjectives the medical residence??

I always have problem remember all the medical vocabulary when i studying, the name, the spelling other got me within trouble.. can anyone help me next to this? Something I found useful be first trying to remember some of the prefixes & roots of the words.
For example, I know if the word has hept- surrounded by it, it's talking nearly something to do with the liver. If the word have hem- or hemo-, it's about blood.
Write it, spell it audibly , then read out it , then repeat. Do that until you can do several within a row without looking . Keep calculation more until you have them adjectives down.
Good Luck!
Maybe speaking it out loud would backing. When I took medical terminology I would read noticeably to myself and also record it while I be reading it. Then, when I was driving I could play the video for a little reinforcement.
Learn the substance of the prefixes and suffices. e.g. cardio-, -logy, angio-, myo-, etc.
Use more of your senses, singing, make funny joke, use acronyms, record and play-back, work it out, have fun near it, rote learning, massive repetition, do until you find something that works okay for you because different things work for different people.
yes get hold of a Latin dictionary of medical terms. once you look at the Latin you will see how knowing knob Latin words are everywhere in drug. most times they just nouns scientific but are really not. the latin is used to describe what you see or what happen
What I do is to try and explain things to myslef using all the medical language. My flatmates must think I am silly when I talk adjectives this mumbo jumbo to myself.
But at least you take to make mistakes short the doctors beign annoyed with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment